Documents required for US Visitor Visa
- Valid original passport (valid at least six months before your intended arrival date in USA).
- Old Passports.
- One photograph with the correct specification. Both digital and hard copy of the photograph should be taken along.
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page which was stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
- Receipt that shows proof of payment.
- US Interview appointment letter.
Other documents for US Visitor Visa
- Interview officer will check that you meet all the eligibility criteria for the US visitor visa and also check that you have a tangible reason for wanting to visit the USA.
- The officer will also check that you have evidence or proof that you are financially capable to support yourself throughout your stay in the USA.
- You will also make sure to present proof to the interview officer that you have ties that will compel you back to your home country after your authorized stay in the USA.
- You should provide proof that shows your reason for wanting to visit the USA, intention to depart the United States after your stay, and arrangements that you have made to support the cost of your trip.
Due to the variety in the circumstance of applicants we cannot be specific about the exact documents they are required to bring. Below is a list of some likely documents for some cases.
Supporting visitor visa documents for tourism, pleasure, and exploring United States
- Travel plan with dates which is also called itinerary.
- Proof of financial capability which could be in form of bank statement, copy of passbook, any other proof of cash.
- Tax ID, PAN ID, copy of last year's tax documents.
- Business card.
Supporting documents for visiting children, family, attending family event, etc.
- Letter of invitation from relatives inviting you.
- Evidence of the event you are attending, invitation card, or any other evidence.
Supporting Documents for B2 visa for B1 holders spouse or children requesting dependent b2 visa to accompany while B1 person visit USA.
Following document can help during the visa interview if you are applying B2 visa in to accompany B1 visa primary person.
- Copy of B1 visa holder's passport and Visa. (If B1 holder already has his/her visa)
- Letter of invitation from B1 holder which will also include if the B1 holder would be taking care of the entire expenses.
- Indicate in the letter of invitation if the Company/organization who is inviting the B1 person will be taking care of the expenses of the trip for Spouse and children of B1 holder.
- Letter to consulate from B1 visa holder requesting visa for spouse /children.
- Letter from company of B1 visa holder to the consulate requesting the visa for the B1 visa holders’s family.
Other suggested documents for visitor visa
- Letter of employment verification if employed.
- If you are a government employee, you must get a National Occupational Classification NOC.
- If you are self-employed, you must get proof that you own a business and your financial proof.
The list of documents mentioned above are not mandatory, because every document an applicant requires depend on his/her case and some of these documents may not be applicable to that applicant. In addition, there may be more documents required by the consular to support your case.