Malaysia is one of the most beautiful and most visited countries in the world, it is full of natural beauty, scenic attractions and a lot of friendly people. Its capital city is Kuala Lumpur. A visa is required to enter into the country and certain processes are involved before you can be issued a visa.
The most important thing to note is that, you need a valid Nigerian Immigration passport (validity of at least 30 days after the intended stay) before you can apply for a visa to Malaysia.
Types of Visa
1. VWTR – Visa Without Reference:
This is issued to individuals intends to visit Malaysia for a holiday, to visit a relative or to study.
2. VWR – Visa With Reference
This is issued to people who want to visit Malaysia for business or investment only. The only body that has the authority to issue this type of visa is the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
The Visit visa is the most common type of visa ‘Visa Without Reference’. These visas are issued for short or temporary visits and the intention of the visit may be to study, visit families/relatives, vacation/holiday, and transit visa.
Requirements for the ‘Visa Without Reference’ type of visa
1. Immigration passport which is valid for at least 6 months before expiration and 2 photocopies of passport page
2. Filled Application form (Form IMM.47) (2 copies)
3. Two (2) passport size photograph
4. Valid return flight ticket (2 photocopies)
5. Invitation letter from family and friends
6. Bank Financial Statement
7. Receipt for payment of visa fee
Note: This type of visa is required for social visit only. Applicants will be given a maximum stay of 14 days and no extension is allowed.
Requirement for the ‘Visa With Reference’ type of visa
Once your application has been approved by the Department of Immigration Malaysia, this type of visa will be issued by the Malaysian Consulate in Nigeria.
1. Original approval letter from Department of Immigration Malaysia ( plus 2 photocopies)
2. Immigration passport which is valid for at least 6 months before expiration and 2 photocopies of passport page
3. Application form (Form IMM.47) plus 2 photocopies.
4. Two (2) passport size photograph of applicant
5. Valid and confirmed Return Flight Ticket
6. Receipt of payment of visa fee
Note: This type of visa is issued to individuals who intend to visit Malaysia for business activities. The applicant MUST be sponsored by a local business or company in Malaysia. The sponsor must make a deposit payment of RM 2000 per applicant to the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The maximum duration of authorized stay is 30 days with no extension.
How to Apply for a Malaysian Visa
Applications are submitted at Malaysia High Commission in Abuja. Applicants are required to provide all required document to avoid unnecessary delays in processing their application.
Malaysia application processing usually takes within 4 to 6 working days from the date of application submission. You can submit your application from Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
The visa can be collected from 4pm to 5pm from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
Malaysia Embassy Address in Nigeria
No. 4A, Plot 2232 B, Rio Negro Close,
off Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja
Telephone: +234-9-780 9379