To apply for a visa you need to have a reason for wanting to travel so you can apply for the correct category of visa.
The different kinds of Brazilian visas are:
- Visitor Visa
- Work Visa
- Student Visa
- Transit Visa
- Business Visa
Applicants must also know the required documents to use for the application of the type of visa they are applying for. Some required documents are:
- Original passport which must be valid for at least 6 months before its expiration date. The passport must have at least 2 blank visa pages.
- One passport photo.
- Duly filled and signed visa application form
- Photocopy of airline ticket, print-out of itinerary.
- Applicants under 18 years traveling without both parents or legal guardian need to provide a notarized letter of consent signed by parents or legal guardian authorizing the Consulate General of Brazil to issue a visa for the applicant. A copy of the birth certificate is also required
- For individuals in athletic competitions or performing arts events, they will require a copy of letter from sponsor/organizer with all information on the event and conditions of attendance.
Visa Application Form
The visa application form is completed online. The link to access the form is: https://scedv.serpro.gov.br/.You will be need to upload a photo, you are to use the same photo as the one which will be affixed on the form, copy of signature and a copy of all required documents. Hard copies of all documents are to be submitted to the Consulate with the passport. Incomplete applications will be rejected by the consulate.
After you have printed the completed Visa Request Form Receipt at the end of the online process you must:
Affix a photo on the form
Sign in the appropriate section
Write the name and phone number of a contact
D) PROCESSING TIMES
Duration for the application processing differs and they are:
- Applications made in person - 5 business days, mailing time not included
- Applications made by Travel or Visa Service Agencies - 5 business days.
The processing time can be changed without notice.