- Individuals who require a visa to enter the Schengen area are allowed to stay for no more than three months in a period of six months (180 days) from the date when they entered the Schengen Area.
- All applications must be submitted at the consulate or embassy of your home country
- If you do not have a main destination, then you must submit your documents to the Consulate or Embassy of the country where you will be staying for the longest period of time.
If you cannot ascertain your period of stay, you can then apply at the country of the first port of entry.
- Please submit the photocopies of any original document you want to keep.
- Complete the application form accurately and sign.
Processed passports can be picked up from Visa Application centers. Applicants can track the status of their application.
- If you want to visit only one Schengen country, you are required to apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that country. However, if you plan on visiting several Schengen countries, you should apply at the Embassy or Consulate where you will stay the longest.
- If you plan on visiting several countries and you are not sure of your main destination, you are required to apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country of your first point of entry.
Types of Visas
- Transit visa
- Short stay visa
- Long stay visa
- Airport transit visas
Before you apply, be sure of the reason why you are travelling.
Read the security regulation notices before you go to the Visa Application Centre. Go to the Visa Application Centre in person on your appointment date and submit your completed Visa Application Form with the necessary supporting documents.
Submission Officer will tell you the amount to be paid and will guide you on payments using your debit/credit card payment to be paid in local currency (ZAR). You will receive receipts for all payments made.
Please note: when submitting your documents at the Visa Application Centre, you can order for Courier Service for the delivery of your passport.
When you have submitted the required documents at the Visa Application Centre, you can track the status of your application online by providing the VAC Reference Number and your Date of Birth. VAC reference number is found on the Invoice-Cum-Receipt provided by Submission Officer at the Visa Application Centre at the time of submission.
When you want to go and collect your passport at the Visa Application Centre you are required to provide the following:
- Original payment receipt that was provided by a manager when you submitted your documents.
- Original proof of identity.
- For minor individuals: birth certificate.
- For accredited travel agencies: authorization issued on the letterhead of the travel agency with passport data of tourists and agent’s passport data.
If you ordered a courier delivery and you receive the passport outside of the Visa Application Centre, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Original Payment receipt.
- Document to prove your identity.