To get a Swedish Visa, you must know the kind of visa that meet your requirements. The different kinds of Swedish visas are:
- Swedish tourism visa
- Swedish business visa
- Swedish transit visa
- Swedish student visa
- Swedish Working Visa
1. Documents Required
Prepare the necessary documents required to be submitted to the embassy.
- An application form no. 119031 which has been completed and signed which is the Application for Schengen Visa.
- If you have not applied online you will need to present a receipt that shows you have paid your application fee.
- A passport or some other valid travel document, which must:
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
- have at least two empty pages
- have been issued during the past ten years.
- Two passport photographs, which should not be older than six months.
- Individual medical insurance
- Funds to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The amount may be less if for you have paid for a hotel accommodation or you plan to stay with friends or relatives. A statement of account from your bank for the past six months is used to prove to the embassy that you can support yourself. If the person inviting you to Sweden will be supporting you, you must show in the same way that he/she has the capability to support you.
- Enough funds for the return journey
- Hotel reservation, renting a holiday home, campus residence reservation or invitation letter from host.
3. Pay application fees
Application fees must be paid before the date of the interview. You can pay with a credit card if you are applying online, you can pay with a credit card on the web. You can also pay at Zenith Bank in Nigeria, account no: 1130018871 and the account holder is ‘Swedish Embassy’. Take the bank teller together with your application to the embassy.
4. Visit the embassy
Print out a copy of the online application and take it to the embassy at the appointed time, with the originals of the documents. At the embassy, you will sign the application and answer some questions.
Applicants from 12 years old must have his or her biometric information taken which are the ten fingerprints and a photograph.
All family members who are applying at the same time must visit the embassy.
When the embassy reaches a decision, you will be notified by e-mail
You can also log in on ‘My page for e-visa’ to check if a decision has been made by the embassy. After the interview at the Embassy you will be given a date to come back for your decision and passport. For Nigerian citizens the time taken for the processing is between seven and fourteen days
Collection is Monday-Thursday at 9am and 3pm.