Before applying for a visa to Argentina, applicants must be aware of the different categories of visa and they must meet the requirements of the one they intend to apply for. The various types of visas are:
- Argentinian tourist visa
- Argentinian business visa
- Argentinian transit visa
- Argentinian student visa
– Passport or travel document which must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the intended date of travel and have at least one blank page left for the visa.
– A completed application form
– A recent passport photograph
– Evidence of funds: credit card and bank statements of the last six months which will prove that you can support yourself in Argentina.
– Interview with a consular officer.
–Additional information and documents including the original flight ticket might be required. If an applicant is not able to provide any of these documents and information requested, there might be a delay the processing of their application.
According to the Laws laid down by the Argentine Republic and the international practice, the Consul is authorized to refuse a visa application.
For children who are not citizens or residents of Argentina, the following documents are required
– If the child is traveling without a parent or guardian, a consent letter signed and dated by both parents will be required. If a person other than the parent is travelling with the child, the consent letter must show the name, passport/ID number, and residence of the individual. The letter must be signed by the parents before a “notary public”, and the signature of the notary public must be certified by the county clerk and authenticated by the “Apostle”.