Upon receiving the original documents of the H1 approval petition (I797 and from I129) from your H1 sponsoring employer, you are ready for your H1 visa stamp.
- Valid original passport. (valid for at least 6 months before your interview date)
- All old passports
- One photograph as per specification.
- US Visa Application Form DS-160 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC)
- US Visa Application Fee payment receipt.
- Visa Interview appointment letter.
- Original Notice of Action-I797.
- Blanket L1 applicants must carry the original I-129 and a copy of the Notice of Action I-797.
Additional Supporting Documents needed at the time of interview
- Copy of the first and last page of your current valid passport. If you have any observations on your passport please submit a copy of the observation page also.
- The original Notice of Action (Form I-797).
- Form I-129 (if Form I-797 is a blanket permit, copy of Form I-797 and I-129), and written letter from employer that describes the duties you will be performing and his intention to hire you.
- Letters that shows your employment history and specific work skills.
- Original degree certificates with mark sheets.
- Relevant diplomas or certificates, e.g. computer certification.
- For individuals presently working on an H-1B visa, they are required to take along their pay slips for the current calendar year and their Federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2) for all the years in which they have been employed in the United States.
- For Blanket L visa applicants, three copies of the Form I-129s and one copy of the Form I-797 need to be submitted.,/li>
- Dependents need to submit a copy of the principal applicant's Petition (Form I – 797 and Form I -129 as applicable) and visa copy.
- Visa renewal applicants need to submit a copy of the previous expired US visa stamped on their passport.
- First time applicants may need the following documents:
- Pay slips from current or most recent place of employment
- Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at your present and previous positions; and
- Resume or CV.
Spouse / Dependent Children
- Copy of interview appointment letter, DS-160 Confirmation Barcode printout and US visa application fee receipt.
- US visa application fee receipt.
- The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
- Form I-129 (if Form I-797 is a blanket permit, copy of Form I-797 and I-129) of the Principal Applicant
- Photocopy of the Principal Applicant's valid visa (if applying separately).
- Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your wedding photo album.
- Original Birth certificate (for each child).